-

-

Monday, May 7, 2018

PHASE 3: PROFILERATE CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS FUTURE

PHASE 1.3

Tanatsorn Sriarj.

Pratana Klieopatinon

In this last phase we were to develop our chosen brand from the previous phase using the materials and methods from the brand. The three brands I choose are Citymapper, Shutterstock, and Social tables. 
In this phase I mainly focus on Social Tables by re branding it into "Social Tables Bangkok", despite being a normal typical eating event held in hotels like the other Social Tables event. The brand aims to serve as an alternative idea of Social Tables which is held in the urban streets of Yaowarat

The Brand page talks about the process of how to create the events: in the creators experience and how to join the eventsL in the users experience.

BRAND PAGE



CONTEXT 

Before i go into the architecture form and material. I will first talk about why I choose Yaowarat, I use the idea of my two other supporting brands I got from the previous phase (Citymapper and Shutterstock) into picking this site,because those two are online service application where you choose what you want each step more specific base on how much information you put in for Citymapper - travelling routes,  and Shitterstock - narrowing down images. I type in Urban bangkok streets in shutterstocks search engine and it narrows me down to the site of Yaowarat and then it explores me to different chinese decorations which leads me to found the object of a chinese lantern and its method of making : weaving method.

Program: Develop the idea of weaving from the Chinese lantern and construct it into a pavilion use for eating events which is held in different alleys of Yaowarat.

The context page talks about what the yaowarat city consist of such as alleys, food and different spaces all were shown in the picture.



SITEPLAN

In the siteplan page what I analyse are the space I thinks is vacant for helding my Social Tables bangkok event (pinpoint in read) and the buildings that are a restaurant or sells food ( colored in red) are use for the feast in our events.




ALLEY ANALYSIS

This page shows the different alleys I explore and analyse throughout yaowarat. What I analyse in each are the dimensions of the space in each alleys, the programs what it is used for and its vacant time.  The two space I choose to place my weaving structure on is the "Old market", and the "Tao Alley".

OLD MARKET

The reason I choose this space is because it is only used as a fresh market in the morning and during and throughout the day it is a free vacant space. For the weaving structure I built beneath the roof of the Old market I build it as an identity for our brand which is founded in Yaowarat. The design is base on the different anchor points which is place in the ground/ can be moved depending on the weaving designs.


PERSPECTIVE VIEW


TAO ALLEY

This is the other space I choose to put my structure because it is an vacant backhouse alley that isnt use for anything and is vacant throughout the day. The different here is that it dosen't have coverings and due to the limitation of the space I put some anchor points on the wall for a different weaving design .


PERSPECTIVE VIEW




No comments:

Post a Comment